Friday, February 11, 2011

No More Poetry (extract from "The Simple True")

When I think about you I think about your eyes and the way they look when you look at me
When I think about you I think about the corner of your lips and how they curved and play with me while Im trying to kiss you
When I think about you I indulge myself and let my mind get lost in the scope of possibilities that your touch unfolds for me
I think about your hands running softly thorough my valleys discovering rivers and mountain and gaps and cliffs
I think about the tone of your voice and how your words sometimes are turned into a symphony of colors in my heart
I think about the words you have said and how they scape from my memory like butterflies chased by the light
I think and think about the dreams I do not dare to speak of or even recognized as true to me
I think about you sleeping and I feeling your warmness close to me
and then I think about reality and about your world and about the things you don't say and the things I dont ask
and then the wondering and the questioning that take my innocence away begin to stalk my peace again
and I get sad, and I know thats the price I chose to pay
But then fast enough I think about the taste of your mouth and about the things that daringly I have said and did while you were watching
and I smile and rejoice for being alive and for your presence in my life
Then I get serious and think about the way you contained yourself when thinking twice what you are about to say.
and I understand you are doing your best and Im thankful for having you as my friend too
When I think of you I slowly think about your body next to mine dancing the ancient dance of love and how that would be
And yes, when I think about you I think about what you might be thinking about me which I dare not to ask


Jo Sanders

No comments: