Thursday, June 24, 2010

For the mother

Ah that smile, that dignity, that strength
ah those questions, those hopes, that pain
someday my love, everything will be returned to you
the dreams you had
the chances you lost
the laughter you hid
the paths waiting to be walked

I see your hair long and vibrant
waiting to be touched,
I see your feet wanting to be dancing
and see your hands expecting to be guided
and I see yourself
taken to another world
and you assuming what it is expected

I see my eyes and underneath I see the marks
that his absence and your love left there in me
soon a tiny hand so similar to yours
will be touching those marks erasing the pain
that still remains in me;
soon we both will be watching a miracle that is
because of you and because of me
My dear little doll
my hurt and brave little fighter
my sweet and loyal little darling of mine
your laugher will be returned
your dreams will be rebuilt
the promises will be reshaped
someday... I promise you
and those small steps that we already are welcoming
will be someday the pillars of the good
that is and will be waiting there for you

No comments: