Saturday, June 19, 2010

Addicted

One can be addicted to heroin, to cocaine, to flesh

one can be addicted to nicotine, to liquor,to vice

what words then to use to describe what I feel?

Im not addicted to you as you say you are to me

I don't see you as harmful, or as an escape or as an indescribable pleasure

you are much more than that!

I see you and I feel you as the air I need to breath,

as the water I need to drink

as the nourishment I need to get ...to live

I feel you as the blood that runs through my veins

as my heartbeat, as my joy, as my rest

as the sun that I need, as the light that could be,

as the dreams that I dream, as my reason to be

And I feel you as my purpose and my only one

I see you and feel you as the other part of me that makes some sense

the essential part that I need to be a happy me

I see you and feel you as the missing link to peace,

-the one I seeked for,for my entire life

I see you and feel you as my heart, my mind, my lungs

my arms, my laugh, my eyes, my touch,my breath!

No, Im not addicted to you

although I cant seem to find the word that describes best

what I am to you or you to me since we were one

Im not addicted to you and I beg you not to be addicted to me

Need me for life, choose me for good, want me for me

hold me and see me through this mist

reach for my heart, offer your arms and don't let us be

these lost souls addicted to what it is no more

No comments: