Saturday, September 19, 2009

TRUCE

the package never revealed what was inside of it,

and better, I was not expecting it at all, not in that place, not at that moment...

Suddenly what I felt, what I saw, all the softeness and tenderness

was just there and it was mine again.

It doesn't matter if those words weren't true,

it doesn't matter if they were true,

It doesn't matter that he is not home anymore,

it doesn't matter to positively know that I was not enough,

It doesn't matter that I still have so much to give,

It doesn't matter the pain that still wakes me up at night,

it doesn't matter my theories of what went wrong,

it doesn't mater if I was just or unfair,

it doesn't matter that we both lost,

it doesn't matter that I failed myself and even less that he failed me,

What does matter is that

some precious words that made me shine were said,

It matters that I made him laughed and that that I was enough,

it does matter that for a time everything was right,

it does matter that I gave my best,

it matters more that we both won,

It doesn't matter that Im closing this page and letting go

It matters that once I opened my door widely and believed,

it doesn't matter if he is already flying away

it matters that once I let him rest on me....
it doesn't matter that I might be going blind
it matters that for a time I saw "rightly",
it doesn't matter that I'm closing this chapter,
it matters that, because i choose so

I will always carry its poetry
It doesn't matter if someday I would be rejecting so many things,
ill matter always more that someday my eyes were filled with love and were bewildered;

It doesn't matter I might not believe in love for me anymore,

it matters that I learned to love,

It matters that for a brief moment in my life love touched me,

elevated me, made me shine and moreover,

it matters that some of those sparkles have been captured in my soul to endure winter

Beatriz Illescas Putzeys

No comments: