Monday, March 05, 2012

What I like about Him

I like his silence... the moments where it seemed we were standing still in time and where- what was on our minds was not relevant because at the end, what it would be, would be
I like the way he listened without watching ...but seeing
I like his few words, stated with dignity, wisdom, care and respect.
I like the vulnerability that he didn't want to show but which still was there
I like his sense of humor, bold, raw, conspicuous but hardly definable
I like the way he plays his game, barely giving up, never yielding; yet always ready to bring me closer
I like his voice soft and strong at the same time;
I like what he doesn't say but struggles to withhold...
I like his being independent but also the sweet surrender that he places from time to time in hope
I like the way he ignores my questions never making me feel ignored
I like his patience and his understanding and how with so little he shows me
I like the way he sees through me, maybe wondering, maybe pondering, silently learning,and confidently accepting
I like the lightness of his touch and the intensity of his gaze, the strength at the tip of his fingers and the soft kisses he gives me
I like the way he lives his time and I like his laughter, always spontaneous, a little mischievous and so filled with joy
I like what his wrinkles tell and what his sights reveal
I like the rich texture of caramel and milk that our skins develop together and the wild sensations that his touch unfolds
I love his presence in my life and the longing and pain this presence swiped away from me
I like the way he smells, the way he tastes, and the way he stares at me. I liked the mystery and the endless possibilities that came with him, I like the dreams untold even unsought that have become true with us and I like all that it seemed I learn just by being by his side ..

No comments: