Friday, September 10, 2010

NEGATIVES

Some days I see myself
and what encloses me
as negatives of pictures
of what I used to be
Everything looks darker

and what is left of me
seems like dim abstractions
that poorly resembles
what I feel I was


And the dark tones seem to consume

the light shining of what still is,

and as life and days pass by

the white ghosts of what remains

gaze from the negatives at me
with sorrowed eyes and puzzled looks 

that keep me from ignoring
that everything has changed



And to start a new day feels so daunting
so wasted, so vague;

a long lasting misery
from which I can’t escape.

So I long for the nights

where my dreams- softly summoned-
might come here to paint gentle colors
in this colorless life

So today this souls keeps undeveloped pictures
of what we were once and of what be could’ve been
and this world seems so futile, so empty, so gray
when I know that is over, when I feel there’s no you

No comments: