Sunday, May 02, 2010

IF

Every time I walk Summer or I ride my bike I find them.

Never too fast but neither slow, they stroll along together like best friends.
I see dozens of couples walking or running every morning but this is my favorite. I cannot tell "his "age, but by seeing him I bet he has been around...
She? Although her cap and her dark glasses hide her age, I can tell by the delicacy and fragileness of her movements that she is not young anymore. But she doesn’t need the strength that youth brings to stroll by his side, she only needs the kind of strength that develops patience and understanding; effort and will.


I’ve seen them in steeping hills, I’ve seen them resting; I’ve seen them when it is raining, I’ve seen them when a storm is coming and also during warm soft days and she always, always keeps his pace

Why are they my favorite? Because there's commitment -from the strong one to the weak one. And also recognition ...from the weak to the strong
And that restores my faith.
Let me explain. He only has three legs.

There’s no way he can walk slowly as probably she needs him to walk. It must be a hard thing for her to keep his pace, but she does it and there you see them striving to do what they need to do but doing it together as a unit achieving it.

Because there’s a reason for everything and because I can't know the truth, I like to imagine what could have happened to him so I can wonder about life while I ride my bike as fast as I can so that the physical pain will overcome again the other pain.

-He was hurt, no doubt about it, maybe he was sick and they had to take the leg away; maybe he was in an accident and she took care of him and kept him even though it was not easy... or "fun"-
I dont know, what I do know is what I see every morning, which is that she loves him enough to understand what he can or cant do, although sometimes I reckon it must be difficult for her

Oh, if only more humans were that way with their loved ones,..
If only I have had found somebody who would see what I needed and with love and care would have slowed or increased his pace understanding that that was what I could do for that precise moment
If only he wouldn’t have forgotten that "one is responsible for his rose"
If only I have been held for that who would see not only "the missing leg" but also had believed in the strength and perseverance of the what indeed was there
If only I have been loved by somebody who would believed in the endless possibilities that love brings to the hurt
If only I have been able to stroll along with him with trust and peace knowing he would never leave.
If only...

No, she is not young anymore, but she has the kind of inner beauty that holds loyalty which in my eyes , makes her shine as she strolls besides her pal.

No comments: