Wednesday, March 31, 2010

NOBLESSE OBLIGE


-->
“Lay your head, Upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body Close to mine
Hear the whisper of the raindrops
Blowing soft, against the window
And make believe you love me, One more time,
For the good times”

Before time steals what it’s still here
before my wisdom slings the veil
before the truth is spited on my face
before my blood turn cold again
before my tears dry hard inside my soul
before oblivion erases our world
before I have erased your time
before the warmth dissolves in ice...

For all the magic your words unfold
for all the sweetness your heart disclosed
for all the laughter that smooth my path
for all those secrets that we once shared
for all the joy you yield on me
for all those dreams we lifted up high
for all you left, for all you built
for all you gave and all you did

I stop in time and turn around
And raise my hand to say good bye
and touch the face that is engraved
and say the words for one last time
and lightly kiss the thought of Us
And look again into the eyes I loved
And thank the man that once loved me ...

B Illescas

No comments: